Tuesday, September 26, 2006

Slug

I am feeling a little more like myself only way more sluggish! The pain is mostly gone and easily subsided with mere regular motrin. After a full week of not much else other than sleep - it now eludes me! I am very sad for this fact. I am so thankful for my hubby and my mommy! They have been so wonderful and helpful.

Enough of that - I am sure you all are waiting for something more - something that will make you smile. The first day of surgery I obviously felt great! Having so much of the anesthetic still working in me - I thought "Wow! This isn't going to be near as bad as I thought!" Yeah! well the second day proved another picture altogether. They had given me one of those morphine pumps that I get to manage myself - and that first night after some of the "good stuff"was wearing off I started feeling a little of the pain. So, I thought that I would purposefully stay awake for over an hour so I could push the pump! Well, little did I know that I would end up feeling way out of it and nauseous. The nurse gave me something for the nauseousness and it put me even more out of it. I noticed I would be dreaming but awake (don't they call that hallucinating?) and I would talk out loud - I could feel myself doing it and even would laugh about it right then but could do nothing to stop myself. I think it would have been great if Sixbit had have had a tape recorder. Anyway - things are looking more favorable and less bleek starting yesterday - I think I just might make it!

Edited by my very own mother who claims I am still out of it!

8 comments:

MARCHELLE www.CandyWrap.Jamberry.com said...

I think that maybe your mom is right :) the whole Sixbit had have had ... sentence had me wondering...or should I say "had have had" me wondering...

Love the pic of you on the couch although I might have cleaned up the slimy mess underneath before posing for a photo op :) hee hee

Happy that you're getting back to your old self.

love ya,
tsyr mu

Kelly said...

glad to hear you're doing better!! are you up for phone calls yet?

Edie Guess said...

ABSOLUTELY up to phone calls!

LaughterThoughts said...

hey pinky, i've been thinking about you! things have been pretty crazy around here (especially with n working the overnight shift), so i've had a busy schedule. whenever it's quiet enough for me to call, it's way too late!:) glad to read that you are doing better.

i remember my "margarita" shot when i had my gall bladder surgery. that's what the dr's called it because it made me pretty loopy and giggly. i can even remember them laughing at my laughing and me not able to stop laughing even though there wasn't really anything to be laughing at! and i vaguely remember that "awake but dreaming"-- a very strange feeling!

Anonymous said...

Pinky! I'm so glad you updated! I actually saw your update right away, but haven't had a chance to comment until now. I was anxious for awhile there, but I checked your hubby's blog and he was still posting, which I figured he wouldn't be doing if you weren't okay. I'm glad you have him and your mom around to help, and that you're feeling better. Still praying here for your complete recovery!
Love, Denise

Summer said...

It is good to hear your voice again! You are on all our minds and prayers.

Much love,

Mrs. J

Anonymous said...

I've recently had the slug experience too! Thursday morning I was getting off a step stool and when I put my foot down, my foot rolled and I fell. My foot made a really horrible cracking sound. That night Andy and I decided to go to the ER to see if it was broken or just a bad sprain. Of course they wanted to check to make sure the baby was okay too. The baby had been kicking all day so I wasn't too concerned, and sure enough, he/she was just fine. They finally did x-rays on my foot and, praise the Lord, it's just a sprain. They wrapped it up really good into a soft cast and I'm supposed to stay off of it until Monday. Being a slug is no fun, and I only have to do it for a couple of days! I'm just so glad it's not broken. I can't imagine going into labor and taking care of a newborn with a broken foot!!!

Kelly said...

all right, pinky...sluggish or not, it's time to update, update, update!

SITEMETER