Saturday, December 16, 2006

Elevator in China!


SB and I went to finish up our last minute Christmas shopping yesterday. Our travels took us to the mall where we needed to go upstairs. I don't know if many of you realize that handicap accessible doesn't mean convenient! Well, it is the honest truth and yesterday proves that! We decided to go up the escalator (yes! I did mean the escalator and not the elevator!) and when we got ready to come down the escalator there was a sign - a professionally made sign, not a hand written sign - that said "Elavator in China"! I couldn't help but to laugh! It took me until we got most of the way down the escalator to realize that it meant that the elevator was to be found in the china department (fine dishes)! All that I could wrap my mind around was that someone had finally SAW THE LIGHT!! and had decided to publish what I have known for over 20 years - accessibility doesn't mean convenient!!!!

4 comments:

Megan said...

I'm just glad the escalator didn't stop on you like that one time.
The first time I took Joey to the mall I had him in a stroller. When I wanted to go to a different level, it took me a second to realize that I was actually going to need to search for an elevator. It was no easy task!

Edie Guess said...

That is what I am saying!!!!

Anonymous said...

hahaha! That's funny, Pinky. And I also have to laugh at your "last minute shopping" comment. You still have a week until it's last minute! ;-)
Love, Denise

LaughterThoughts said...

see and here I thought that it was a "made in china" sign and they forgot to put the "made"!:) (it's like the instructions you sometimes get with something from china and the words are all mixed up and funny)

yeah, elevators are a total pain to find in the mall. when L was a baby we were at that mall you were at and we were getting onto one of the elevators. it was one of the old ones (well, i guess they're all pretty old except for the one out in the middle) and as we were stepping into it, the door starting closing and smacked L in the head. it was definitely not a sensitive door that popped back open right away. it just kept closing.

SITEMETER