Monday, March 19, 2007

Am I old or WHAT?!!


We got back from Portland last Sunday and then my 16 year old niece came for her Spring Break. A had a lot of fun and we worked her hard! We worked LONG hours and only saw the hotel and the drive from the hotel to the convention center. What is the deal with all the no turns in downtown Portland. We had to go way around just to turn LEFT!!!


We had a GREAT time and I learned quite a bit last week. OF course we had to notice all the HOT guys (I had forgotten what it was like to be 16!!). So the big question of the week is:

What in the world does EMO mean? I will let you in on the lingo later in the week - until then go ahead and post your guesses!

4 comments:

Megan said...

Isn't it that lame kind of pop music that's kind of soft and emotional...hence "emo." Maybe I'm thinking of something else.

Anonymous said...

My little sis always tells me I'm emo, because I get emotional over silly, little things. Emo is like a mix between gothic and punk...I think? Boys wear tight jeans and have sort of longish hair...I actually like some emo bands!

Anyway, your neice is beautiful. I'm glad you're home safe.

Love, Denise

LaughterThoughts said...

i think there are several definitions for this one... some not so good.

i'd say, for the case of this post, the non-traditional non-trendies... who are in touch with their more sensitive sides!:)

Edie Guess said...

Alright- well that just PROVES that I am much older than even I think I am! I had never even heard of this word before last week at the mall - here is a basic definition (even though you all did much better than i thought) Emo dress is characterized as distinctly non-fashionable, keeping with the movement's theme of showing little to no interest in all aspects of society. Emo individuals perceive themselves to be outcasts and dress accordingly so as to avoid any appearance of attempting conformity and falling short.

SITEMETER