Monday, August 13, 2007

Day 2

the view from our hotel room!
Yesterday was another day in paradise! We got up early AGAIN - making the most of our time. We grabbed a bite of breakfast in our room and headed down to the pool and beach. SB checked out the swimming in the ocean for his buddy who is coming in October for the Hawaii Iron Man - Good Luck, Matt! We swam beneath and through a waterfall (ok, so it was just in the pool - but still very fun). Then we headed down south for a drive to Wailea. This is where all the very - no strike that - EXTREMELY rich people come to vacation! We were both going to snorkle, but it was very windy and so I laid out on the beach and SB snorkeled. Not near as good snorkeling as Honopulau Bay from the day before.

It is now 4:30AM and I am having trouble sleeping. Today is the day we swim with the sharks in the aquarium and amazingly enough I am nervous! At this point, I just want to bow out and be an observer. I doubt though that SB will let me - I know that when we are through I will be so stoked that I did it. I will let you know how this all turns out.

The pictures below are from the beach trip to Wailea and Palauea Beach. As we were driving back we saw this rainbow in front of the mountain and thought it was cool. The house is one from the beach where all the rich people vacation.



10 comments:

Kelly said...

did i mention that i'm extremely jealous?!

that's okay, though, because we're making our plans for our trip next year.

Edie Guess said...

are you coming here? lets all come together

Kelly said...

we're going to oahu, kauai, and the big island next summer with my family.

Anonymous said...

looks like fun!!!!!! i hope you have fun with the sharks. bring us back a shark tooth!!!!



A,B, and C

Anonymous said...

c forgot to mention that we love you and cant wait to see you saturday!!!

a

Edie Guess said...

love you guys too - have a great first day of school!!!

Anonymous said...

Looks like you guys are having too much fun!!! I will be praying for you today as you swim with the sharks. I, too, and a lot nervous about this.

Will talk to your kids tonight.

Love you

Mom

Jill said...

Looks like a blast!

Can't wait to hear about the sharks.

LaughterThoughts said...

i may need to stop looking at your blog... or i may become extremely jealous! the pictures are just way too cool! i am so glad you are having such a great time. the trip is probably going by way too fast, huh?

Summer said...

Now your nickname can be "she who swims with the sharks."

There must be a Hawaiian word for that.

SITEMETER