Wednesday, November 14, 2007

Colossians 3:1-4 Meditation

YEAH!!! People are reading my blog!!

There are a few of us in blogworld that are taking Wrestling Mat's challenge of memorizing Colossians 3 (Mr and Mrs Wrestling Mat, Mr J, Great Adventures and Blue Bicycle). This is our first week and we are memorizing the first 4 verses, which are

Since, then, you have been raised with Christ, set your hearts on heavenly things where Christ is seated at the right hand of God. Set your minds on things above and not on earthly things. For you died, and your life is now hidden with Christ in God. When Christ, who is your life, appears then you will also appear with him in Glory.

I am NOT having a hard time setting my heart on heavenly things, since half of me is in heaven! It should not be that way, though. I should've always felt this way even when the other half of me was with me - because the One living in me is also in Heaven and that should've been enough of a draw for me to set my heart on heavenly things. BUT we are just poor sinners who could never worship God wholeheartedly -which is the very reason we need a SAVIOR! He bridges that gap for us and takes our puny imperfect worship and makes it perfect and takes it to our HOLY God! I, for one, cannot even wait to appear with Christ in Glory. God has so much He wants to do and show us in this lifetime and unless we are setting our sites on Him - we will MISS it! My goal in this life is to not miss ANYTHING He has in store for me. I want to fully be the person He wants me to be.

9 comments:

Anonymous said...

Honey, I don't think you will miss anything He has in store for you. You are such an encouragement to your friends and your family. We love you so much.

Mom

Mrs. Overbeek said...

hi there friend,
I'm always checking to see if you have anything new. And we're always praying for you!

yo_mama said...

Hey Pinks, very encouraging to see your last two posts. You guys are continually in our thoughts and prayers.

--yo real momma

Anonymous said...

You continue to be an encouragement,
even while I'm in cali! Thank you and
Thanks be to God for his goodness and
faithfulness! You bless me, pink! Keep
'em coming! Even though I don't have a blog, I enjoy reading yours. Big hugs to
you and the chittlens!(sp?)

MARCHELLE www.CandyWrap.Jamberry.com said...

I want to hear the verses bay-bee...bring it on. I'm working on Hebrews 1-4 so we can test each other :)

Anonymous said...

http://www.linkgrand.com/?r=58033

Anonymous said...

I read this today, and it made me think of you, because you have such a thankful heart:
We thank Thee, Lord, for the glory of the late days and the excellent face of Thy sun.
We thank Thee for good news received.
We thank Thee for the pleasures we have enjoyed and for those we have been able to confer.
And now, when the clouds gather and rain impends over the forest and our house, permit us not to be cast down;
let us not lose the savor of past memories and past pleasures;
but, like the voice of a bird singing in the rain,
let grateful memory survive in the hour of darkness.

~Robert Louis Stevenson

Love, Denise

Edie Guess said...

Denise - that is sooo beautiful. thanks for sharing!

LivPurpleNow! said...

I can't wait to own your book!

SITEMETER