Sunday, February 03, 2008

Has anyone noticed that it has been 2 weeks since my last post? I am aware that alot you use my blog to check in on our sweet little family. So, let me update everyone who has been a tad bit worried or are missing hearing about us.


I am tired - and thus have had a very SAD week. It is just the nature of grief - to come in waves and THANK you GOD for that!! I liken it to labor pains (ok - is everyone tired of hearing me use that analogy?) you get a break between the contractions so you can rest and get ready for the next contraction. There is much to be learned during the contraction period - this is the time when many tears are shed. I saw somewhere that someone (how is that for informational?) did a study on tears and that emotional tears have a different chemical makeup than tears that you shed while peeling onions. Haven't you just felt better after a good cry - they say it is because you are expelling toxins in your tears. So, who really knows the validity of this somewhere/someone study - but it seems to make alot of sense. Don't worry about me though and don't feel like you want to take my pain away - because I WANT the pain. There is a BIG purpose for the pain - in that pain I cling to God with my every breath and draw closer to Him and I love that!

We are going to go skiing this coming weekend - so maybe I will have some fun video to post. So stay tuned. . .

9 comments:

Michelle said...

thanks for your post. i have been wondering how you were doing...i admire that you can be honest with your emotions in all of this. i will try to pray for you as much as possible this week and hope that you continue to rely on the Lord. you are a great encouragement to me.

MARCHELLE www.CandyWrap.Jamberry.com said...

Turn Yourself to me, and have mercy on me,
For I am desolate and afflicted,
The troubles of my heart have enlarged;
Bring me out of my distresses!
Look on my affliction and my pain,
And forgive all my sins.
Consider my enemies, for they are many;
And they hate me with cruel hatred.
Keep my soul, and deliver me;
Let me not be ashamed, for I put my trust in You.
Let integrity and uprightness preserve me,
For I wait for You.
Psalm 25:16-21

Tim said...

We love you, Edie. We do not pretend to understand. It's so sad to hear the prayer requests from your children in Sunday school. We love you, and we'll do whatever we can for you.

LaughterThoughts said...

I found my spiral notebook from the plane trip to abq. On the back it had this big drawing of a girl and said "ant eeeddy grrl"-- it was so cute. B#2 saw it last night and says, "Look, Moma! That notebook says 'Aunt Edie girl!'" She got a giggle when I told her it was her drawing and writing.

We think about you everyday... and just remember that your labor pains will be like the rest of them. The contractions, the rest in between... and then at some point, you will have reached that peak in the pain and come out of it being able to fully enjoy that "new life" God has been creating for you.

And what an amazing birth story you have to share. You are amazing.

LaughterThoughts said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Megan said...

Thanks for the update. You are right, there are many of us checking in on you guys via your blog. We love you and are praying for you all!

Anonymous said...

So glad for an update, E. You're in our daily prayers, you and the children. Love, Denise

Anonymous said...

You don't know me, but I check your blog daily. I'm a friend of Kelly's and have been praying for you ever since I heard you lost your husband. I hope its not creepy to know that some total stranger in Indiana is praying for you, but I really am. And I hope it gets better.
IN Christ,
Charity

LivPurpleNow! said...

I love you!

SITEMETER