Tuesday, October 07, 2008

AMAZING GRACE

I woke up in the middle of the night with that hymn "Grace, grace, God's grace . . ." in my head and it made me contemplate grace. I can't even begin to imagine where I would be today without God's grace. It is by God's grace that He gave me His strength, His courage, His patient endurance, and His joy these last 12 months. I am eternally grateful for God's sweet provision in my life and I never want to be the person I was before - God has "grown" me in such an amazingly perfect way for ME. I want my life (ALL of my life) to be a testimony of who God is and the tender mercy He shows His children.

Our day was perfect (except that A's phone broke!) We played in the pool, floated down the lazy river numerous times, sat by the pool and napped by the pool. The resort is beautiful with tall palm trees and the sky was an amazing shade of blue today! The kids made a music video - but I can't upload any pictures until I get home tomorrow - so make sure you check back for pictures. I can't thank each of you enough for your faithfulness in lifting us up in prayer. We can really feel your prayers.

NOTE THAT I KEEP ADDING NEW BLOG POSTS BELOW!!!
Check out Megans post , Kelly's post , Haley's post, LivPurple post, and my sister-in-law's post regarding this one year mark!


12 comments:

keeprunnin said...

praying for you often.

Anonymous said...

Honey, I thought about you guys all day yesterday and prayed for you to have a great day of fun and celebration. Celebration in the fact that you have been immersed in God's grace during this past year and celebration in the fact that you and the kids will be with Brent when you enter God's kingdom in heaven. You are truly an inspiration and a testimony of God's love to many people, including your mother.

Laughter's blog was great to look at and to hear. He looked so cute as a young boy holding his baby sister. I know their hearts ache to see him also. Brent is missed by so many. Sometimes it is just so hard to believe he is not there with you. I miss his smile and his silly antics so much.

Can't wait to see pictures.

Love ya, Mom

Jennifer said...

Thinking of you and remembering you in prayer.

Melissa said...

As I've read the other posts, and yours, about Brent, and as I've heard Mike and Kelly speak SO highly of him I wish I could have known him. It seems to me that his legacy and memories of him will live on for many, many decades. Both his life, and yours after his death (and before, too, of course) are such a huge testiment to God's grace, and mercy, and love.
Knowing of people like Brent helps me to keep the idea of my own legacy in the forefront of my mind and makes me think about how others will remember me when I'm gone.
Thank you for sharing your faith with us. :o)

LivPurpleNow! said...

This Kelly blogged yesterday too. I didn't expect the day to hit me like it did, but Praise God He's right there to access 24/7!!!

Charity said...

I'm a friend of Kelly's and I just wanted you to know you and your family are in my thoughts and prayers always..

Anonymous said...

Edie,
Thinking of you guys especially today. I have so many fond memories of our short time in ABQ. I am wondering today if Brent is sporting "business in the front and party in the back" in heaven. I will never see a mullet again in my life and not think of Brent. I also can't watch Survivor and not think of you guys.

MARCHELLE www.CandyWrap.Jamberry.com said...

Love the pics!!! I see that you have no problem putting pics on your blog but for the life of you, CANT seem to send me the ONE pic I have asked for. Humph! I'm going to go and pout now. See if I EVER go on a ride with you again.

Patrick and Jasmine said...

Fun pics! Glad you all had a great time and now that I see you're going to the Glowdeo I'll assume that y'all got home safely. Much love, Jaz

LivPurpleNow! said...

I love seeing you with Pam for so many reasons.
XO I love you girls.

Anonymous said...

Jenny says she's tired of seeing all these other people. She wants to see pictures of you & her. And, she wants plane tickets to your place for Christmas.

Edie Guess said...

tell Jenny "Come on - BABY!" we want to see pictures of Jenny and us too!

SITEMETER