Friday, September 15, 2006

High Dive


My little munchkins jumped off the high dive for the first time EVER this week at swim practice. All three of them - and the funniest thing was that #3 went first and 5 different times. I do have to say, that I was a little nervous knowing how far he would go under before popping back up! But . . . he, they all did awesome. Unbeknownst (is that how you spell it?) to me - that the practice before, Sixbit offered B $100 (no, there are not too many zeros) to jump off! But. . . B was not ready that day. SO he waited until Sixbit was no where in site to decide to jump! At least I had my camera! I made the comment to C that she is blurry in all the pictures and her reply to me was, "Mom! I am in motion!". So, there you have it. Nothing on the photographers part - all on the subjects part!

3 comments:

LaughterThoughts said...

i can remember going off the high dive at that pool! and what i really remember is that once you climbed up all those stairs and walked out to the end of the board and looked out, that it seemed so much higher than it did from the ground!

i can totally hear C saying that so matter-of-factly-- duh, Pinky, she was in motion!:)

Anonymous said...

Boy am I proud of three little water babies!!!! How fun! Pinkie, do you remember the first time you went off the high dive? Too fun!!!

So, does B still get the $100?

See you soon!

Mom

Edie Guess said...

No, B does not get the $100 because he didn't do it that day - and i remember going off the high dive and slipping and falling from the top step all the way down at Rose Park - I couldn't help but think about that as he climbed back down once or twice.

SITEMETER