Sunday, November 18, 2007

Pie and Praise


We had our annual Pie and Praise at our church tonight. Of course, I felt compelled to be there - how could I NOT? For those that don't know about Pie and Praise it is our annual official corporate time to come together and PRAISE God for all He has done in our lives over the last year! Of course, it was a very emotional time for me as well as others!! Luckily, Tim foresaw that it would be difficult for me and Susie who just happened to sit together, so he provided the two of us with our own tissue BOX! Thanks, Tim.

So, for those that couldn't understand me (through my tears) or who just couldn't be there for whatever reason - here is my list of PRAISES
I THANK MY GOD for my husband
I THANK MY GOD for my marriage
I THANK MY GOD for the 17 years I have had with Brent
I THANK MY GOD for my children
I THANK MY GOD for His faithfulness
I THANK MY GOD for all that He will do through this experience
I THANK MY GOD for His comfort
I THANK MY GOD for my church family
I THANK MY GOD for my family and friends
I THANK MY GOD for the ability to THANK my God

OK, so I added a few that I didn't say at the pie and praise BUT I just wasn't able to say everything I had on my heart.

~The picture is of Aloha Pie from our trip to Maui in August. It was not readily available here in the desert so that is why I just brought my famous double stuffed oreo pie!! hee hee

5 comments:

Jan said...

Edie,
What a great event. I am grateful for YOU.

Jan

Sarah said...

Edie,

You are such an encouragement to our family! We continue to pray for you and your family!

Love,
The Haas'

kbg said...

Good to see your blog back and to feel your heart.

I have been checking your blog every few days, knowing you'd be back

Thanks for the encouragement
All our love
Keith

MARCHELLE www.CandyWrap.Jamberry.com said...

I thought that pie looked familiar :) I am willing to bet this event was among Brent's favorites! Just think...Heaven is better than Aloha Pie!!!

Anonymous said...

I am so happy to see that you are posting again. I have been waiting to see you make that step. I think this will be very helpful for you. I wish I could be near you.
You have been on my mind so much lately and so many of my conversations have included stories of you.

SITEMETER