Thursday, November 29, 2007


Thanks to Mrs. J for her willingness to teach my girls the piano - they are having their lesson right now and they are sure starting to sound like they know what they are doing. I hope they will stick with this.

I have decided that I have been running away from being still before God - I have a hard time staying home during the day. I think partly - ok, probably MOSTLY - that it is because I am afraid of the lonliness. I try to keep busy so that I don't have to be still and have the overwhelmingness of the situation sink in. I am so thankful for the kids. I have told myself - "Self, you NEED to stay home a little and lay at the feet of Jesus. Don't run from Him. He will heal you!" So, my new goal is to spend more time at home and at the feet of Jesus!

3 comments:

Jan said...

I hear you sister! Oh the ache. Cry, cry, cry to Jesus and tell him how much you miss Brent. It's hard to feel the pain, but trust he will comfort you for "he is close to the brokenhearted and saves those who are crushed in spirit."

All of this to say, I struggle with the SAME thing. Going home after work is so hard...my home is so empty without Chuck. That is when I come face to face with my loneliness. Sometimes I get busy to block the pain; sometimes I get real with God and let him touch my sorrow. I still remember the time I was lying on the floor, crying to him about "You said blessed are those who mourn for they will be comforted. Do you see me????" and he did. He showed up...soothed my ache...and sent me off to a restful night of sleep.

I am praying for you. Stay, stay, stay. Be still, sister. I am sending you love and hugs.

Jan

MamaJuneBugJones said...

You still amaze me. He will heal you. I know he will. I Love the picture of Brent and the kids. So cute! Hold on to those memories!If you need us, call!
Erin

yo_mama said...

I think it's really good that you're just keeping aware of yourself as you go through this, and recognizing and changing the things you think you need to do differently/better. It seems natural to want to avoid the loneliness and the most painful stuff, but I guess facing these things is how to keep moving foward.

You are continually in our thoughts and prayers.

BTW, I also really like that picture, and I was just at that pier last Sunday.

SITEMETER