Monday, March 10, 2008

OUCH!!!


Yesterday the kids and I hooked up with the crew over at Fiveafamily for a fun run in honor of Stacy Hirschman. It was a 3 mile fun run and none of us here at this house have been particularly active - except for the occasional walk to the bus stop on pretty days (which haven't been to often!). Needless to say - we are all feeling it today. C woke up and wanted to use B's crutches to get to the kitchen. Go ahead - I know you are just itching to call us all WIMPS. Well, we have proved that we are WIMPS. The girls and I made it in 42minutes while B, who was riding in the jogger stroller with his leg hanging over, finished with the fast familyofFive in ____, hmmmmm can't seem to remember - but it was at least 10 minutes faster than us. WE had a really fun time and there were so many people there to support the Hirschman family. The Carpenter mom and oldest son were also there with thier friends the Hagengrubers! The weather started out chilly and breezy and then when the run started the wind stopped. It was truely a gorgeous day.

6 comments:

LaughterThoughts said...

I'm fairly confident I'd be even wimpier!

LivPurpleNow! said...

I didn't recognize anyone in the top pic, but when I saw the bottom pic I knew who you were!
You crack me up!!!

Jan said...

Wimps schmimps...I think you all ROCK. What great pictures...captures joy and triumph!

The Bronson Boy's said...

You all look good. I would have to say that I to would be wimpy!?! Amazing how out of shape you can get. Looks like it was a beautiful day.

The Bronson Boy's said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
christymizeyoung said...

Edie,
I saw Missy in the Mall and of course asked about you. She shared with me briefly all you have endured recently. WOW, God is working in your life! She spoke as if you have taken the challenge and opened your heart as if to say, use me Oh God! What an amazing testamony you have! I wanted you to know you are in my prayers and it is awesome to hear how your complete faith in our Lord has kept you up-lifted! As you continue to gain strength, consider contacting me. When you come to Abilene the next time, I would love for you to come and share your amazing story, and your faith and love for God with a ladies group at my church. Hope to hear from you soon!
Christy Mize Young
e-mail:Christy.young@abileneisd.org

SITEMETER