Wednesday, May 28, 2008

Broken In REVISiTED

Well - yesterday, Brent's birthday, was a hard day for me. Not so much for the kids, but definitely for me. It just seems that some days the reality is a little much. Anyway - I had been on the edge of tears all day. We made our cake and picnic and headed down to the cemetery to meet up with Brent's parents. But before we got there - AND while we were stopped at a red light - some woman REAR ENDED us! OOOH did I forget to mention that we were in the NEW car! IT didn't really do any damage - and we heard it more than we felt it - BUT it was just what I needed to go ahead and push me off the edge and into the tear ZONE! I cried so hard that that poor lady didn't get the nice ME at all. She got to know all about how new my car was and just where we were heading! BUT the crying did feel good and I woke this morning alot lighter than I awoke yesterday!

Anyway - Megan thought that the last post titled Broken In was going to be about my NEW car in an accident instead of just getting stuck in the mud - SO, glad not to disappoint this time!

5 comments:

Tim said...

I'm so sorry about your car and how difficult this week has been.

When Kristin and I had just forked over a large sum of money to buy our van (our first car that was new) we drove it over to a friend's house for dinner. The children were riding bikes in the driveway and the handlebar grips were missing. When we came out after dinner our brand new car had multiple, deep, and obvious scratches on both sides. It was a tough lesson for us on holding onto new things loosely.

Megan said...

Edie,
I appreciate all your efforts to make sure I wasn't disappointed, but it really wasn't necessary. :-) So sorry about the car and your rough day!

Anonymous said...

{{{Edie}}} praying for you...
Love, Denise

LaughterThoughts said...

Oh no!
Stinkin' Murphy's Law! If you've got the new car, of course that's the time you'll get dinged, right?

Kelly said...

seriously?! i'm so sorry.

SITEMETER